Tuesday, February 21, 2017

RE-UP: Rolling Stones live in New York 2006 - 2CD - January 18

Rolling Stones
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY
January 18, 2006

As fate would have it I was seated 5 rows directly in front of the center of the soundboard,
approximately in the middle of the floor, in front of the right stack.  The soundboard was also
centered to the right stack.  This made for some very odd sound throughout MSG, but I believe I
was in the "sweet spot" as I heard what the Soundboard made the mix to be.  My buddy who
joined my « way through the show reports that where he was seated, on the left side in the back
1/3 of the floor, he could not hear the horn section.  He was amazed how clear they sounded
where I was.  Another friend who was up on the left side in the 100's says the sound was very
muted there and he could not hear Keith until Satisfaction!!!!  As you will soon be able to tell for
yourself, I don't think I had any of those problems.  The sound was pretty clear.  Of course you
have a few yahoo's whistling and screaming in inappropriate places, but hey, this is MSG in
NYC, and that's going to occur no matter where you are in the arena.  Then again, there was
"Young Mick" in front of me ... a real annoying 6'4" pain in the ass who mimicked Mick's every
move and screamed out every lyric, alternating his off key rendition of lines between his
girlfriend's and his "boyfriend's" ears ... but when he faced my way, the noise was intolerable ...
yet you barely hear the annoying SOB on the recording.  A small miracle.


CD1
Jumping Jack Flash
Let's Spend The Night Together
Oh No, Not You Again
Love Is Strong
Rocks Off
Worried About You
Rain Fall Down
Midnight Rambler
Tumblin' Dice
Intro's Part 1
Gimme Shelter


CD2
Intro's Part 2
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Miss You (B Stage)
Rough Justice (B Stage)
Get Off Of My Cloud (B Stage)
Honky Tonk Woman (B Stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
   - encore -
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment